Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Baby It's Cold Outside!

BRRRRR... It feels very premature for the temps we've been hitting here in Western Pennsylvania recently! Being chilly also means that it's a great time to bake and heat up the house!

Homestead Phil typically plays the trombone during our church services. Recently, he was asked to start playing the electric base which he has not played for about 25 years! He watched some YouTube videos, practiced with the band on a Thursday night, and played with the band on that Sunday morning! I'm so proud of him. He is so musically talented. I have trouble changing stations on the satellite radio sometimes. That's about the extent of my musical talents! I know some of our church friends miss hearing him play on the trombone already. Homestead Phil tells me that they miss hearing the brass but they don't know that they already enjoy the bass. Right now, he's just blending in. I'm sure he'll have a solo in no time! :)

I say all of that to say ... he has been leaving EXTRA early for church services the last two Sundays. I don't need to arrive nearly 2 hours before service. That leaves me on animal duty. I mean.. I do have two extra hours, right? :) I snapped this selfie on Sunday morning while I was traipsing around the animal area making sure I didn't forget anyone! BRRRRR!

After church, this cutie came over to help bake some Pumpkin Rolls! She's my niece Mykala who prefers to be called Myki. After all these years, I still can't bring myself to call my baby girl niece Myki. She's cute and VERY helpful nonetheless! :) Her and older sister are coming over soon to have some girl time and some more baking fun!


I'm semi-famous for the pumpkin rolls. I used to sell them back in the day when I was Jenn The Baker. I could likely still sell them but no time. Back in the day, I would bake nearly if not more than 100 pumpkin rolls from end of October through end of December. Not bad for a little online baking business, right? :) I likely should have snapped a photo of them. Oops. At least I snapped some pics of the kiddo with me! Well... she doesn't prefer to actually take a nice photo so this is what the end result is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment