Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Running Update - November 21, 2018

Since my last running update, I've only been out two times. I'm still being very cautious to not cause more injury/injuries to my legs. The new fancy compression socks have been working wonders! I now have a pair to wear during recovery as well. I should have ran yesterday but alas I have a million reasons why I did not. Today, I was just far too busy and tomorrow is not going to be above freezing.

I was very pleased with my times and my lack of pain following the run. For those of you who are new to reading about my running adventures, I apply the Run / Walk / Run philosophy by Jeff Galloway. I'm currently pacing at running for 15 seconds followed by a brisk walk at 30 seconds. I'm not the fastest but I sure am faster than I would be if I tried to slowly jog the whole distance without any walk breaks.

Here's a pic of my fancy socks and new running shoes. It did take me about 8 photos to get even this one. It's hard to be working on a warm up walk and try to snap a photo at the same time! haha



And here's a snap shot of my distance and time. I feel like I'm on the upswing of my awful times from when I was in pain or trying to avoid injury albeit still a minute slower on the first mile than I'd like to be. At the same time, it's been in the 40s while out there. I hear that causes some slow down while running as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment