Friday, December 7, 2018

The Plague!

Wow!

On Thanksgiving, two of our nieces came over for slime making, nail painting, baking, and Christmas decorating. In the midst of that, we took Homestead Phil to the airport to enjoy some warmth in Arizona with good friends and his dad & step-mom. The girls and I went to glow in the dark mini-golf on our way back from the airport! Not a great photo because ... well dark area and forward facing camera without a flash!



On Black Friday, I went to bed feeling like I had a scratchy throat coming on. By morning, it was legit a very sore throat on the way to a sinus infection. I was holding down the fort with the outside animals, giving Givi Kitty an oral antibiotic twice a day, and maintaining the businesses. I powered through for 5 days of a lot of time on the couch until it was time to pick up Homestead Phil from the airport again! Even after that, I would get small bursts of energy but was still pretty dedicated to the couch for another 3.5-4 days. During that time, Homestead Phil made an appointment for me and took me to the doctor. It was clear that this was not going away on its own! Two weeks later, the cough is minimal. I have a few days left of the antibiotic. This time of year is my favorite! Business is a bit slow as expected which means I take some time for myself! Being sick though, I missed out on more than a week of being purposeful with my time to bake, visit with friends, and prepare for our Annual Holiday Dinner! (More on that next week!)

So while I was doing this:


Homestead Phil was doing this:

So I'm back in full swing and ready to be purposeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment