Sunday, February 18, 2018

Rent THE Chicken!

After Phil and I decided we would rent out chickens, the next step was determining a name for our new business. The normal progression of the business name would have been Rent A Chicken, right? Well, since you read about the history of my nickname of JTB here previously, you know that in ALL of my JTB nicknames, the middle word is THE. So to remain connected to my nickname, Rent THE Chicken was named. :)

Now that you know how we formed our name, let's talk about why everyone's Rent THE Chicken shirts are blue. For the same reason, blue was an accent color at our wedding, and my custom motorcycle racing leathers are blue. It's my favorite color! :) Hey... when you become the co-founder of your business, you can pick the color of your shirts too! For the photo of our bridal party, in true JTB fashion, I had the group show a little leg for the photo. Just yesterday, I took the cart back in to Tractor Supply, waited at the door for Homestead Phil to drive around to pick me up, and I lifted my pant leg to show some leg for a ride. Don't worry, I only do this for my husband! :)

Some people collect baseball cards. Other people collect coins. My dad collects pigs (not live ones). I collect dust. Homestead Phil collects domain names! So not only do we own RentTheChicken.com and RentTheChicken.ca for our Canadian locations but we also own HatchTheChicken.com for our hatching rentals and HatchTheChicken.ca for our Canadian hatching rentals. Who even knows what else we own?! All I know is that Google really likes our website and people keep finding us by searching on Google. One person found us recently by searching for her local Southern States' phone number!

Of all of my three main blog subjects: Family, Food, Fun!, I think Food has been getting the short end of the stick. I'll try to remedy that in the future! I hope you're enjoying my blog as much as I've been enjoying writing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment