Friday, November 19, 2021

New leaf? Old leaf? Leave it? Enjoy the leaves?

Oh friends... old and new!

It's been on my heart to put some of my words into my blog again. My last stint of blogging only lasted a month (and I typically would only blog once a week!). I did make the statement that I was not claiming to turn over a new leaf because I didn't know how long I would make it a priority for. So many instead of turning over a new leaf, I'm just going to dig up an old leaf in this blog? I enjoy connecting with others in this way to move to just leave it and I think I'd just like to enjoy the leaves I have here on the blog when I take the time to be engulfed in the process. Wow that was a lot of words without saying much of anything! :)

I think if there's a time in my life that I can make an effort to dedicate back to blogging, now is the time. I go through phases in life where I'm a big hot mess and other phases where I really feel like I'm adulting well and keeping my priorities in order. I'm definitely in a current phase where I feel pretty confident that I'm actively making wise choices, helping others, being healthy-ish, fairly active, a decent wife, and spiritually connected with God. Maybe best ever actually. But you know... when you say bold statements like that, the world comes crashing down around you! So maybe I take back that "best ever". haha

In all seriousness, Rent The Chicken has been growing with more and more amazing Affiliate Partners. We are always actively looking to grow as well. If there's not an Affiliate Partner in your area and you're looking to expand your hobby farm / homestead / farm to have a (or an additional) revenue stream, let's chat! Click here for more details regarding our Affiliate Program.

At our local level, more than a year ago, we brought on Homestead Miranda to help with the phones, emails, supporting various Affiliates, etc. She's AMAZING! Depending on the day you make a call to us, you may chat with Homestead Miranda! Before Homestead Miranda, we hired Homestead Isabella here in Western Pennsylvania to tackle cleaning all of our Hatch The Chicken supplies. Oh my! Homestead Phil was THRILLED to be released from Hatch The Chicken cage and supply cleaning! In the Spring, Homestead McKenna came on board to deliver and pick up Hatch The Chicken rentals. This was part of Homestead Phil's duties as well so he gained another number of hours per week with Homestead McKenna's help. Six or weeks ago, Homestead McKenna added Rent The Chicken Phone Extraordinaire to her Hatch The Chicken Transporter Liaison role. So now when you give us a call or receive a call from us, you might chat with me, Homestead Phil, Homestead Miranda, or Homestead McKenna! With all of the support here at The Homestead, I really feel like I can better support each of our Affiliate Partners, continue to work on tweaking the behind the scenes efforts of Rent The Chicken and Hatch The Chicken, and work on being purposeful with my health, fitness level, relationships, and my faith.

Almost two years ago on this very blog, I outted myself in regards to Intermittent Fasting. I've continued the adventure and I cannot even believe #1 that I've stuck with it and #2 I've continued to slim down and not gain back the weight. WOW! If you've read some blog posts from yesteryear, you may realize that we are "go big or go home" people. Well... I've rephrased it to "go big or stay home"! I blogged previously also about dabbling in some running. I'm back in full force! I laced up my running shoes in August of 2020 when I met a substantial weight loss goal, and I have been running 3-4 days a week since. I still use Jeff Galloway's Run / Walk / Run Philosophy. I LOVE it so much! Of course I sport the Rent The Chicken logo whenever I can!
Because I'm so focused on my next interval cue, and my next step, and breathing, there's ZERO space in my brain for anything else! I perused my older blogs about running and I was injured and still posted my pace times. I'm on average 4 minutes faster per mile now than I was in 2018. WOW! (I mean and nearly 60 pounds less!) I've been participating in some foot races even! I am not out to break records or "win" but I am out there to prove to myself that I can do it and that I can do my best to do better than my last event. In the Spring when I started to accumulate finisher medals, Homestead Phil gifted me with this lovely medal holder. These are all from the last 12 months! Needless to say, I've been wearing out my running shoes and grinning while taking it all in!

I'm in the thick of holiday cookie baking and planning for our Annual Holiday Dinner as well as our Rent The Chicken Owners Conference. Busy and more busy! I'll keep you posted and I promise it won't be so long before my next entry! I mean... I have another half marathon in just over a week and I know you'll be on pins and needles (whatever that means) for my race report! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment