Friday, May 18, 2018

TV Shows

We don't watch a lot of TV but when we do, we binge watch! Plus, we watch the most TV in the wintertime because we are too busy enjoying the sunshine and the daylight in the summertime. Phil and I watch some shows together although not current shows - only streaming shows.

Here's the current list of shows we watch together:

That 70's Show!
: I will say that I never EVER watched this show when it was aired. I just thought it was a bunch of teenage kids in a basement smoking pot. Yeah sure. They do that BUT they are HILARIOUS for the ENTIRE episode. I belly laugh during each episode! Five Stars! We watch this on Netflix and has adult humor.

Punky Brewster: Randomly, one day, I said to Phil as we were scrolling through some throwback shows, "I really loved Punky Brewster when I was a kid.". Then he found it! It also makes us laugh - not as much as That 70's Show. If you would have asked me three months ago what the show was about, I likely would have described it as a eclectically dressed girl and her misadventures. We both absolutely forgot that she was living with her dog in an abandoned apartment. She was a foster child and in the first episode, she was removed from the home of her new foster dad. I laughed and sobbed during that first episode considering our Foster Son was removed abruptly just a few months before we watched that episode. We've watched more since then and we giggle many times during the episodes. We watch this on the NBC app through our (very old) Apple TV. This is very kid friendly likely for ages 7 and up (maybe a bit younger).

Sneaky Pete: I saw an ad on Facebook and a few friends liked the ad so Phil and I gave it a go. There's more language than we'd prefer but there's also humor while being a bit dark. We watch maybe an episode every few weeks or so. I have to be in the mood for it as I prefer belly laugh funny to chuckle a few times an episode funny. Sneaky Pete is a guy who essentially stole a jailmate's identity when he got out and his jailmate did not. Give it a watch. Keep watching if you like it! We watch this on Amazon Prime.

I'm a HUGE This Is Us Fan! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It hits me first because it's based in Pittsburgh and my Western PA roots run deep! I also love it because it's so relate-able in so many of their different story lines. I was this either on NBC.com through my computer or the Xfinity website through our cable provider. If you haven't started watching yet, you'll want to start at Season 1, Episode 1.

Through the last few years, I've belly laughed plenty while watching Blackish on ABC. When This Is Us aired it's last episode of the season, I checked my other shows and there weren't any episodes available. I made the assumption that all shows ended for the season. For all of my life, I've been awful at knowing when shows start and stop for the season. I know A LOT of things... I do not know those things :) I was watching a clip for something and there was a commercial for some real dark topics on Blackish. It caught my attention and I realized I missed at least 4-5 episodes! It went from super belly laugh funny to serious drama over night. Or so it felt! I'm disappointed. Maybe it's the last season? *shrug* I watch this on ABC.com or on the Xfinity app on my phone or iPad.

I also didn't realize that New Girl had new episodes! We started watching New Girl ages ago with binge watching on Netflix. It's incredible how much it still makes me laugh so many years into the series! It's silly funny and also makes me belly laugh but again also not for kids! Give it a watch on Netflix!

Here's to less TV watching as summer is close to being here!

No comments:

Post a Comment