Friday, May 25, 2018

"Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life" - Dolly Parton

Tonight, we watched our oldest niece walk across the stage for her high school diploma. She was also one of two commencement speakers. We are so proud of all of our nieces and nephews! Today we are especially proud of this one for her accomplishments so far!


I also snuck in a few selfies with her sisters :)


Their class quote is "Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life" - Dolly Parton

This is so true. We work A LOT this time of year but that leaves us working less other times of the year. It does seems as though our "busy season" get longer each year. That's OK though as we REALLY enjoy what we do with Rent The Chicken and who we work with - our Affiliates and our Happy Renters.

It's yet again late on a Friday as I'm writing my blog entry/entries for the week. I also REALLY enjoy writing this blog as it's a bit therapeutic for me. Sure, all of you read it to get to know us and behind the scenes of Rent The Chicken but there's more to what we are up to than what I can list in a short status update on Facebook. Today, we had to step away from our desk, go outside, and prep a few coops for upcoming deliveries. I made a joke to myself that I say to myself when I'm doing something that isn't in my usual day, "Not everyday is international news interviews and glamor..." as I am in my old clothes preparing to paint a few chicken coops. We're still accepting deposits for rentals and we're answering the phone to chat with our new chicken friends who are getting comfortable being good chicken keepers!

Needless to say, we try to take a walk a few times a week. Today instead of a walk, we prepped coops together. We skipped Spring this year and went straight to summer! It was sooooo beautiful today! "Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life." We are so blessed that we get to make a life while making a living! Phil's garden is well on its way! He has already planted: potatoes, onions, peas, pole beans, bush beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, and likely more that I can't remember! I snapped this photo tonight to show off the inside of his green house with the pole bean set up!


Today, we fielded Hatch The Chicken support calls, closed a few Rent The Chicken rentals, and chatted to a few renters with some questions. Like I said, we prepped some coops as well. Our Rent The Chicken vehicle had been in the shop so we picked that up, came home, and were ready to go to the graduation in no time. We enjoyed a nice time with family at graduation and then out for some dinner. My sister called ahead for seating for 11 only to have enough for 9 at two large middle tables while Phil and I sat "with them" at the booth across the aisle from them. Wendy's is next door and I said "We're so far away, we might as well be at Wendy's!" It was so funny! The jokes continued through our meal as to how far away we were sitting. They said funny things like that we were in the "west wing" of the table. Homestead Phil was using Morse Code with the flashlight on his cell phone. Too bad none of the 9 of them know Morse Code to know what he was saying nor to respond! haha

In previous posts, I chatted on about being Foster Parents with a current plan of foster to adopt once a match has been found. After reading many short profiles online, reading many long profiles privately, and interviewing with case workers regarding specific children, we have been matched! I can't say much more than that other than we've met the child and we are all excited about our match! What I can say is... "IT'S A GIRL!!" I really really really enjoyed being a boy mom with our previous foster placement and assumed we'd be matched with a boy but God knows better than we do! As I can share more I will but for now, know that she loves her new Rent The Chicken hat and is egg-cited to be part of our team/family!

No comments:

Post a Comment