Friday, May 4, 2018

How is it... ?

How is it that it's 12:34am on Saturday and I failed as a blogger to
  • Post a single blog in the last 7 days
  • Make a #FridayFamilyFoodFun! post on Facebook on Friday?
  • That May 2018 is here already AND we are already on day #5?

If I had a boss, I would possibly be released from my duties as Jenn The Blogger. Good thing I am Jenn The Boss! To read all about these JTB nicknames, click here. I'll continue with this haphazard writing for all of you to enjoy :) Maybe my lack of entries generates suspense?! haha I doubt it. When we were at the Farm to Table event in Pittsburgh 3 or so weeks ago, one of our previous renters turned long-term chicken keepers (shout out to Sarah L!) said "I really enjoy your blog!"! Made me smile. When I read someone's personal blog, it really makes me feel like I know them better. I hope that is the same for you.

As planned, I attended our church's Ladies Tea #NCLParTEA last Saturday. I had a fantastic time and wore my fanciest hat for the festivities. (See photo above as if you didn't already figure it out!)

I think I forgot that it's not typical of an average person like myself to be in the news a few times a month and even a few times a week sometimes! Here's a real convo with Homestead Phil earlier this week:
HP: I'm going to need your help outside with the animals in about 30 minutes.
Me: Ok! I need to do two things uninterrupted that I HAVE to do before I come outside.
HP: ok. You better hope the phone doesn't ring.
(famous last words)
...20 minutes go by...Phil comes inside.
Me: I'm not ready yet. The phone rang. The Wall Street Journal called for an interview.

I posted this convo on my personal Facebook page and received a ton of reactions (that's what the likes are called now) and over 20 comments of kudos. Either I should post more often about our media attention or keep only doing it once in awhile to keep peeps on their toes? The article is not published as of yet. When it does, I'll try to post here for you to take a read. For fun, here are a bunch of news articles and videos at Rent The Chicken.com that feature many of our Rent The Chicken Family!

We have a new option at Rent The Chicken.com. Even though we can service more than 60 major markets in the USA & Canada, there are still people out there who are in need of some chicken friends. We now have an Out of Area Package available. It's not a rental. It's a turnkey purchase which provides our brand spanking new coop made by our Amish friend, 3 hens, and supplies needed to get started with backyard hens. The portable coop ships flat, assemblies with just a few tools, and is easy to move daily. Big props to my cousin Jamie for taking some incredible photos of our new coop!


For the first time in AGES, I joined Homestead Phil on a delivery day! That's a BIG reason why I didn't make my #FridayFamilyFoodFun! Facebook post today! We made three deliveries to families who are new to backyard hens and one delivery to a renter who is ready to a long-term chicken keeper! The first photo is of my new friend Nikole. She's an awesome photographer / food blogger and you can find some of her work on Instagram. Give her a follow! She was also raised in Western PA like me. She moved out of the area and found her husband. Ironically, she found her husband in Portland, Oregon. I found my Portland, Oregon raised husband in Maryland. Both Nikole and I then moved back to the area with a spouse in tow! The second family looks like they were born to have backyard hens, don't you think? Lastly, I'm so proud of our third Happy Renter as she never a held a chicken before today! These are some Happy Renters, don't you agree!?


We'll have some more news in the coming weeks in regards to a huge project that we've been working on. God willing, we'll also have some news to share on the foster to adopt front. We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment