Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Favorite Things!

As much as I LOVE chickens and I LOVE being part of all that is included with Rent The Chicken, I do have a few absolute favorite things. Of course I love Jesus. I love Homestead Phil. I love Givi Kitty. Yes those are all favorite things of mine. I'm talking about those can't live without items. You have those items too... I know it!

In no particular order:

Number 1 - My Camelbak. For ages, I've had just the simple one with a small cargo area big enough to hold a flip phone or keys. I bet the newer version of my favorite Camelbak now has a pocket big enough for a smart phone. I've had mine since flip phones were around though! We bought a second one for Phil when he started coming around because we couldn't share one on two separate motorcycles! We used to LOVE going on cruise vacations! We'd still love them except that no one would be here to answer the phone when you call to place your deposit to Rent The Chicken and Hatch The Chicken?!? At any rate, some how Phil left his brand new Camelbak at a port! I still had mine though. :) So of course we had to buy him another one. We settled on one with some cargo space but not a full on backpack. When it arrived, Phil handed it to me for me to enjoy my new Camelbak. Say, what? I don't need one with all of that space! Here I was compromising on the one that I wanted to accommodate what he really wanted and he was compromising on the one that he really wanted to accommodate what I was looking for. So we ended up with one that neither of us really wanted but Phil uses it as I still have my old trusted one! So what do I use it for? Why do I love it so much? I use it just about everywhere! I use it in the vehicle on road trips so I don't have to refill often and I don't have to buy drinks. I use it while on my motorcycle so I don't have to stop every time I am thirsty. I've even been known to wear it at a backyard party! Is it silly? Yes! haha BUT... I don't have to worry about losing my cup or someone else drinking out of my cup by accident! :) There are a lot of jokes about what's in my camelbak though! :) Once upon a time, I also ran frequently and even ran in a few 5k races. I used my camelbak then too. Do you have a camelbak or something similar?


Number 2 - My sun visors. I'm not particular about color or logo but I do like the ones that velcro so I can adjust it around my ponytail. I have good visors and "chicken" visors that I wear when I'm outside doing chicken work. Sometimes I even wear a sun visor under my winter hat on those cold and sunny days! One day recently, I was washing dishes and the sun was very bright coming in the kitchen window. I grabbed a sun visor and put it on to block the sun. I bet I looked peculiar in my pajamas and a sun visor. It looked like I was getting ready to sleep in the sun, I bet! I probably have 10 or so around. Most are blue though as you learned that blue is my favorite color in this blog entry. In addition to being big fans of sun visors, I'm also big fans of Jimmy Johns and Rita's. I was gifted two from visors from both places just for being passionate about their establishments! I also have this awesome visor that Homestead Phil bought for me called a Headsweats visor! Sometimes, I'm even with a famous motorcycle racer while wearing a visor or the local 2017 Dayton Fair Queen (who's almost my oldest niece!)!


Number 3 - My Givi Bag. This is Givi Kitty's name sake! My "Givi Bag" is a hard case that is water proof, locks, and clamps right on to the back of my motorcycle! I've carried some unique things in that bag! To name a few: groceries, a case of water, pasta salad & meatloaf for a pot luck wedding (you heard me right!), and a bundt cake. I learned quickly that bundt cakes don't travel well in the Givi Bag. Cupcakes do much better! :) When Phil was commuting 7 miles into Baltimore City when we lived in Maryland, he also enjoyed using my favorite Givi Bag. To give you a true scope of the size of the one I have, it holds two full-faced motorcycle helmets! Hmm.. that may not help everyone understand how big it is. Well I guess saying that it can hold a case of water already explained that? Anyhoo, I LOVE IT!


Number 4 - Cuddl Duds! I only have one kind of Cuddl Duds but I have 4-5 of them! The ones I have are an under shirt that makes me feel like I'm being hugged! They are great for those cold winter days! I can wear them under a t-shirt around the house or under a fleece vest for leaving the house. They are great for those cold Spring or Fall days when delivering or picking up Rent The Chicken rentals as well! I like the "Softwear" ones. I heart my Cuddl Duds so much that I asked for Cuddl Duds flannel sheets for Christmas last year! They are delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment