Hello!
Homestead Jenn, Co-Founder of Rent The Chicken, checking back in! It will be June and officially Summer before we know it!
Again, thank you to all who already made your reservation for 2026! Some of you have already participated in Hatch The Chicken for 2026. So amazing! For Hatch The Chicken rentals, we'll be in touch about a week before your delivery with more information. For Rent The Chicken rentals, we are working on May and June deliveries depending on where you are located. Stay tuned for more details!
Due to missing high mileage training runs because of a cold in April, I was very undertrained for my recent Pittsburgh Half Marathon but I finished! This was my 13th half marathon since starting to run them in April of 2021. My first 6 were within 10 months of each other from April 2021 - January 2022. That's pretty crazy, right? I slowed down after that but added in triathlon training and also ultramarathon relays and also a 50k trail ultramarathon. (Any race over 26.2 miles is considered an ultramarathon.)
At any rate, earlier in the Spring, I applied to be selected to wear a potato costume in exchange for my race entry fee to be covered by Potatoes USA. Potatoes USA is essentially the advertising arm for all of the potato farmers in the USA. Their initiative is to promote that potatoes are a great source of fueling for distance races. There are 26 grams of good carbs in potatoes so there were 26 of us wearing potato costumes at the Pittsburgh Half Marathon and Marathon races! Pasta gets so much credit for carb loading (and don't get me wrong... pasta is delish!) but potatoes are great as well. Did you know.. they have more potassium than bananas?! True statement. The stats are on the back of my costume! See below for a fun potato costume photo! It's from our pre-race run as a whole pack of potatoes. Peep that Rent The Chicken branded winter hat!
I have 2 relay races coming up in June and July so I continue to run 3-4 times a week. But I also love to eat! I made a delish homemade peanut butter pie recently. Let me know if you'd like the recipe! Every election day, a local church hosts a "soup & bake sale" including slices of said peanut butter pie. The maker of the pie passed away in the last few months. After she passed, I learned that her recipe was published in their local church cookbook - THAT I PURCHASED YEARS AGO! So I had been living life without even knowing that recipe was in my house for years! haha Someone else from the church made the pie for our local primary election day this week so of course, we bought a few slices! It's THAT good!
---------
I have more big news!
We are continuing to egg-spand but we aren't ready to announce quite yet! I will next time!
Here are some helpful links if you haven't yet reserved for 2026!
To reserve:
To place a Rent The Chicken reservation online in the USA - click here.
To place a Hatch The Chicken reservation online in the USA - click here.
To place a Rent The Chicken reservation online in Canada - click here.
To place a Hatch The Chicken reservation online in Canada - click here.
**For Hatch The Chicken, before reserving it is best to find out what dates are available in your region. Feel free to respond to this email and we'll be happy to send the available dates over to you!
Enjoy the sunshine!
Homestead Jenn
Rent The Chicken - Co-Founder
No comments:
Post a Comment