Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Hello from Homestead Jenn of Rent The Chicken!

 



Hello!

 

Homestead Jenn here! For those who don't know, together with my husband, Homestead Phil, we are Co-Founders of Rent The Chicken. We hatched Rent The Chicken more than a dozen years ago! (See what I did there?!)

 

If you already reserved for 2026, thank you! We'll start accepting reservations for 2027 in October. Stay tuned for more info! For remaining 2026 Hatch The Chicken rentals, we'll be in touch about a week before your delivery with more information.

 

Before I provide an update on what's been going on here at The Homestead, I must tell you... We are hosting a Photo Cover Contest on our Facebook Page. Have photos of chicks and/or chickens? Please click on over to our Facebook page and comment with your favorite photos! We'll narrow down to our favorites and then we will have everyone on our Facebook page vote! Don't forget to give our Rent The Chicken Facebook Page a follow while you are there!

 

Homestead Phil and I went on a sailing adventure at a nearby lake. He's quite the pilot with this little sailboat! My cat, Henry (he's not a hen!), watched some ducks hatch here at The Homestead recently. Did you know that in a few regions, Hatch The Duck is available? Western Pennsylvania, Connecticut (sold out for 2026!), Toronto (nearly sold out!), Victoria BC (sold out for 2026!), Omaha Nebraska (sold out for 2026!) and Washington DC / Northern VA / Maryland DC Suburbs. Hatch The Quail is available in Connecticut and Washington DC / Northern VA / Maryland DC Suburbs. There's one requirement for both Hatch The Duck and Hatch The Quail, you must first participate in our Hatch The Chicken program! To find out availability or to reserve, just respond to this email and we'll provide dates! I had the best meal out recently - Turkey Devonshire. WOW! The delicate cheese sauce wins for this dish! Union Grill in Pittsburgh is where I devoured it. (Google it.. if you like turkey, bacon, and cheese, see if this Pittsburgh dish is at a restaurant in your area!) Check out some photos below!

 

I'm still doing training runs.. my next race is this weekend. I'll report back!

 

Cluckin' along,

Homestead Jenn

Rent The Chicken, Co-Founder

---------

 

Here are some helpful links:

Rent The Chicken Locations

Hatch The Chicken Locations

 

To reserve for the remainder of 2026 (We may be sold out in your region!):

To place a Rent The Chicken reservation online in the USA - click here.

To place a Hatch The Chicken reservation online in the USA - click here.

To place a Rent The Chicken reservation online in Canada - click here.

To place a Hatch The Chicken reservation online in Canada - click here.

**For Hatch The Chicken, before reserving it is best to find out what dates are available in your region. Feel free to respond to this email and we'll be happy to send the available dates over to you!













No comments:

Post a Comment