Friday, December 18, 2020

SNOW!

We were warned about a big snow storm and we were ready! Or ready enough anyway! Then it happened: in about 20 hours, 14-16" of snow fell. Even for us seasoned winter participants, that's still a lot of snow and it came fast!

For about a half of one second, I considered suggesting that we go sledding. Then I remembered how much my body ached after the last time. haha! My least favorite part of sledding? Walking back up the hill and in our case in 14-16" of snow. EEK!

Homestead Phil did the majority of the shoveling (whew), dug a path for the UPS & FedEx delivery guys, and a path around the vehicles.

For perspective on how much snow fell, Homestead Phil snapped this photo of our rental coops. There are not any hens in these coops! If so, we would have shoveled around and put some plastic around 3/4 of the sides to help block the wind and on the top of the run extension to keep the snow out.

It was warm enough to take time for a selfie next to one of our Omlet Cube coops to show off the mass amount of snow on top of it (and the rental coops in the background!). These photos are from yesterday. Some of the snow has melted since then but there's still A LOT of snow out there! :)

To continue the trend of wearing my Christmas shirts around the house, I prrresent to you one of my favorites!

We just finished writing our annual Christmas Letter - yes! We are *those* people! :) I hope you are staying warm wherever you are!

-Homestead Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment