Monday, September 9, 2019

*taps the mic* Is this thing on?

It's been a LONG time since I wrote here. Much longer than I expected when I looked yesterday to see how long it really had been.

I have a lot to catch you up on but I won't spill the beans on everything at one time! :) The summer was lovely. It was full of laughs, hard decisions, and lots of purposeful visits with friends and family! I'll rewind though! We had a FANTASTIC delivery season since you heard from me last. Across the board with all of our Rent The Chicken Affiliate locations and our own, we met and exceeded goals for both Rent The Chicken and Hatch The Chicken for 2019! We could not have done that without the support of our friends, family, Affiliate partners, and of course our renters!

We were told our RTC SUV needed extensive work right towards the start of our delivery season. We prayed and decided to trade in our little car for a pick up truck and that we'd pay the boat load of money to fix our SUV. Turns out... the shop who quoted the extensive work was off by a few thousand dollars and our regular mechanic had it done for under $100! Granted, we had to take it back within a month for some more work but it hasn't been back to the shop since! So we officially have a fleet of RTC vehicles in Western Pennsylvania! (2 makes a fleet, right? haha) We sold our old little RV and bought a modest pull behind camper and enjoyed a number of small and one larger trip this summer. We had a super great time at our local county fair - The Great Dayton Fair! I'll post more on that another day as there were loads of ribbons earned!


Homestead Phil surprised me with a small and lovely vow renewal for our 10 year wedding anniversary! Our niece, Brooklynn, from Oregon visited again this summer! This time, it was only for 6 weeks rather than 10 like last summer! The garden was great this season with more to come! Loads of onions, about 75# of tomatoes (salsa & spaghetti sauce!), hot peppers, green peppers, and a high yield of weeds!


I continued to help with the Girls Ministries at our church and have taken on a new role which is co-leading the "Friends Club" group for our 6th grade young ladies! I even chaperoned for a Girls' Retreat for the first time! Homestead Phil no... Commander Phillip continues to volunteer his time with the young men of our church with the scout group - Royal Rangers. They are stoked to attend a week long camp next summer call Camporama! We traveled to Indianapolis for Coop Camp with Coop Dreams where we separately held babies goats. Don't get any ideas, Homestead Phil!


We took in a Pittsburgh Pirates game with our little guy and his little friend earlier in the summer. We also went to the Ark Encounter in Kentucky with Brooklynn and two of her little friends. So powerful! We watched a parade then we were IN a parade and we even enjoyed a day at Kennywood! We also experienced our first Sprint Car dirt races! (Only spectating!) It was like motorcycle dirt flat track racing but with cars of varying sizes. Intense!


Givi Kitty is doing fairly well. Lots of partying at night and sleeping all day :) Oh and she thoroughly enjoyed multiple camping trips this summer as well! As if I don't wear enough hats and I don't have enough titles, I added "Norwex Independent Sales Consultant" to my resume! Norwex offers cleaning products without needing the use of chemicals or paper towels in less time! Let me know if you'd like more information or click here to peruse the webstore. And of course I still refer to myself as Homestead Jenn when I'm selling Norwex! :)


And.. I made it my goal to make sure all of the local ice cream shops stayed in business this year. My fav: Hand-dipped Caramel, Chocolate Covered Pretzel in a waffle cone. Wow. The rest weren't awful but that was my fav!

Catch you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment